NEST members access one stop shopping for their needs!
“Nobody else goes everywhere you need. Nobody else is so accommodating. Personally I regained a lot of my independence.” ~ Irene, age 98
“[NEST] helps me feel a part of a supportive community and part of a new approach to aging.”
How does NEST work?
NEST enriches the lives of its members through community (social and educational programs), support (rides, running errands, simple tasks) and peace of mind (easy access to trusted vendors and organizations).
NEST members only ever need to call the NEST office to access community volunteers who generously provide a wide range of support and connections. When a member needs to access the skills of a professional, NEST staff connect members to vetted and trusted service providers.
NEST’s volunteers and vendors can help with the following areas: Computer Assistance (web/email/software/Facebook) • TV/VCR/cable assistance • Household cleaning, organization and other chores • Handyman tasks • Visiting (on the phone/in person) • Health/Exercise • Legal assistance • Pet care/assistance • Transportation • Yard or Garden• Repair/Maintenance (house, appliance, electronics.
Ongoing educational and social events and groups which inspire mind and the spirit are held weekly. Many of these, like NEST’s walking group and book group are initiated and facilitated by members.
Who: NE Seattle residents who join by December 31, 2012
Annual Dues: Individual: $1,000 ($500 membership/$500 donation)
Two person household: $1,200 ($800 membership/$400 donation)
- Can access all of NEST services beginning February 14th
- Able to renew their membership at same rate for one additional year (through December 2013).
- NEST’s key member advisers for events, activities, and educational sessions
- Public recognition (per their approval) on our website, and at events
Who: NE Seattle residents who intend to access volunteer-based services and who want assistance accessing vetted vendors.
Annual Dues: $600 Individual/$900 2 person household (each additional person in house is $300).
- Can access all of NEST services, including social, educational, and wellness events and activities.
- Able to renew their Membership at the same rate for one additional year.