It Takes a Village to Support a Village
Donations to NEST directly impact the lives of older adults in NE Seattle by connecting them with NEST groups, events and supports that further our mission of helping older adults stay independent, engaged, and connected to their community. Learn more about NEST’s programs and activities.
Your contribution goes directly to support NEST’s ongoing and special programs planned in 2021-2022, our members, and outreach and engagement of the entire NE community, including over 30,000 adults ages 55+.
Donate with our secure credit card option, or send a check with your contribution today.
How your donation directly helps older adults in our community:
- $10,000 – Supports 3 months of the cost of delivering NEST classes and programs (returning in-person this summer), with 5000 registrations
- $7500 – Builds NEST’s membership scholarship pool for 10 full or 20 partial scholarships to participate in NEST programs
- $5000 – Covers recruitment and onboarding costs of 50 new volunteers to provide direct support to NEST members and the community, allowing us to continue our Low Vision and On Our Own Again support groups, build our ConnectsTeam of social workers, recruit and schedule volunteer drivers to medical appointments, vaccine outreach, facilitate social connections, and more
- $2500 – Introduces NEST to the NE Seattle community and helps cover direct costs of our upcoming ‘The Third Act’ speaker and panel discussion on how to approach this stage of our lives with joy and excitement, NEST 10-Year Anniversary Community Celebration, and the Night Out for NEST local restaurant event
- $1000 – Covers recruitment and supervision of NEST’s highly-qualified graduate student interns for special just-in-time projects, such as raising health care providers’ awareness of NEST’s social and other benefits, to support elders in our community
- $500 – Produces one new NEST community banner to raise visibility of NEST and its programs in our community, for our 10-Year Anniversary celebration
- $250 – Provides 3 months of NEST’s monthly newsletter and calendar of events mailer to lower-technology households
- $100 – Supports 1 monthly member-recognition opportunity or 1 monthly outreach presentation at local senior gathering places, with NEST information and materials, to keep participation in NEST strong.
We accept financial donations year-round to support NE Seattle seniors, and highlight specific needs during our fundraising drives and events. During our Into the Spring Sun Fundraising Drive, your contributions will support new and expanded programming, ongoing classes and activities for our area’s older adult community, outreach and engagement of NE Seattle with NEST, and more! Help older adults continue to benefit from NEST’s programs as we reopen in-person and continue to provide support with information and resources around vaccinations and COVID safety. Donate to help keep NEST strong.
Legacy giving to NEST helps to push the boundaries of the Senior Village model so that NEST can be a sustainable organization to provide new and innovative ways to engage with and support older adults now and into the future. Learn More.
Over age 70 1/2? Consider a tax-free donation from your IRA to NEST. Learn More.
Many employers will match donations to nonprofit organizations even after you retire. Contact your employer or check their website to see if you qualify. Most companies have a simple form that you can find online and fill out allowing you to double or triple your impact to NEST every time you donate! Learn More.
Did you know that you can support NEST just by shopping on Amazon, with no additional cost to you? Get info on how to set up this easy way to donate. Learn More.
NEST’s special merchandise can make a simple and easy gift for a friend or family member. Learn More.
Our staff is here to help! Contact the NEST office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.525.6378.